Nick and Dick heard the laughter.
Now Nick was really confused. "Why are they laughing? Aren't they fighting?"
"Let's see. One can laugh for amusement or contempt."
"Which is it?"
"Who knows. I don't always understand humans."
"Humans?"
"Correct. That is what they are called as a group."
The lesson continued. "Dad is a man, the other two are called women."
"Why did Dad call them girls."
Dick went on to explain that and many other uncertainties that Nick had.
Nick was amazed at Dick's knowledge. Maybe Nick had misjudged. The book was not a pompous windbag, just slightly stuffy.
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I received a comment via phone that one person was confused as to who each character was. That person thought, among other things, that Mom might be Pretty Shanks.
Is this a common problem? Please feel free to comment. If you don't comment because you are worried about hurting my feelings, don't worry. It is much more important to me that I end up with a story that is interesting and possibly sellable.
Les
Post a Comment