Saturday, December 29, 2007

Dana Leaves (Socks CCCVIII)

"Dana, have you thought about college for next fall?"
"I would like to go to Berkley."
"Where is Berkley?"
"California," Kathernia interrupted.
"It's only four years."
"There are good schools here in the city."
"Dad."
"I know, the sharpest liberal thinkers are in California."
And so it happened, in the fall, Dana came to the house wearing a pink, baggy shirt, blue pants that were big at the bottom, and a flowered band around her head.
"I'll miss you, Oma."
"Write me every week."
"I will."
"If you write once a week, I'll give you the cuckoo for your graduation."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.